PATS Telford 2020 cancelled following PM’s October 1 announcement

Organisers of PATS Telford, which was due to take place on September 27 and 28, have cancelled the event following the PM’s announcement last week that conferences are unlikely to be allowed until at least October 1.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson made the announcement on Friday, saying that conferences and business events could recommence in a COVID-19 secure way from October 1, but only if prevalence of the virus remains low.

“Obviously this means that PATS Telford can no longer go ahead,” said Gordon Thomas, director of Impact Exhibitions and Events.

“We had already decided, due to ongoing uncertainty over when venues would be allowed to reopen, that we would have to cancel. The longer the uncertainty went on, the less time we had to promote PATS Telford 2020 and deliver the audience and content that exhibitors and visitors expect from us.

“Additionally, the welfare and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and our team are significant considerations in taking this difficult decision.”

Mr Thomas said that PATS will return in 2021, with PATS Sandown taking place on February 14 and 15; and PATS Telford on September 26 and 27.

Organisers said that over the coming months, PATS will provide a hub for the trade to continue to come together via the PATS website – with ongoing exhibitor promotions, new product launches, industry news and updates, plus new content and services promoted to its visitor databases.

Get Our E-Newsletter - breaking news to your in-box once a week
Will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy
Share.